From its private ranches to its sprawling game reserves, Kenya is a country that begs to be explored. Kenya is perhaps best known for its safaris, which offer many opportunities to view the iconic “Big Five,” as well as wild dogs, baboons, giraffes, and zebras. However, Kenya also features proud Maasai and Samburu cultures, salt lakes studded with pink flamingos, and the shadow of towering Mount Kilimanjaro—making it an ideal location to soak up East Africa’s natural and cultural diversity.
- Experience the colorful culture of Nairobi with a visit to the Kazuri Beads Factory or the Karen Blixen Museum.
- Search for the “Big Five” on a game-viewing drive, which may also include a once-in-a-lifetime view of Africa’s legendary Great Migration.
- Get a bird’s eye view of Kenya’s stunning Masai Mara National Reserve on a hot-air balloon ride.
- Visit beloved Giraffe Manor, a small hotel where it’s not uncommon for these friendly creatures to poke their long necks through the windows.
- End your trip by soaking up the sun from the white, sandy beaches of Lamu or Mombasa.