Often considered one of Africa’s best safari destinations, Tanzania is home to the spectacular Serengeti, massive Mount Kilimanjaro, and spacious Selous Game Reserve. With a compact northern circuit through Tarangire, Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, and the Serengeti, Tanzania provides a perfect 8-day trip. However, for visitors with more time, the country offers much more to see, from its spirited Maasai culture to its acclaimed chimpanzee population in Mahale Mountains National Park.
- Search for the “Big Five” in the uncrowded Selous Game Reserve, the largest game reserve and the second-largest conservation area in Africa.
- Take your trip to new heights by climbing legendary Mount Kilimanjaro or the less-daunting Mount Meru.
- Watch herds of elephants cross plains studded with towering baobab trees in Tarangire National Park.
- Witness Africa’s iconic Great Migration through the open plains of the Serengeti.
- Embark on a game-viewing drive through the breathtaking Ngorongoro Crater, which features one of Africa’s largest lion populations.