Venture to the magical landscapes of Uganda, a country that is perhaps most famous for the mountain gorillas that traverse its misty rainforests. Here, you’ll have a chance to view these iconic primates, along with Africa’s famed “Big Five” on a safari circuit; however, Uganda’s mighty landscapes are a main draw as well. With the towering Rwenzoris Mountains, the source of the iconic Nile River, and sprawling Lake Victoria, Uganda packs its relatively small borders with some of Africa’s most stunning scenery.
- Come face to face with rare mountain gorillas in Uganda’s misty rainforests.
- Experience an adrenaline-pumping adventure by rafting down the Nile River, often hailed as the longest river on the planet.
- Search for Africa’s “Big Five” in Queen Elizabeth National Park, renowned for its incredible diversity of birdlife and its fascinating tree-climbing lions.
- Meet Uganda’s curious chimpanzees, often found in locations such as Kibale Forest National Park, the Budongo Forest Reserve, and Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Discover the more than 1,000 bird species that fill Uganda’s forests, swamps, lakes, and savannahs.